Scholarship applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now open!
Simply create an account and apply for nearly 180 scholarship opportunities at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation! Last year, we awarded $3.3 million dollars to 800 students across the state of Oklahoma.
Before you apply, we recommend that you watch the How to Apply video and follow the steps below. For answers to our most frequently asked questions, view our guide here.
To apply for the Non-traditional Student Application, please click here to access the application.
Once you create an account and complete the General Application, which serves as your student profile, our application system will recommend scholarships for you.
Our scholarships have various application deadlines. Apply early and meet application deadlines. You will not be able to change responses or upload additional information after a scholarship deadline has passed.
1. Gather required materials
Here’s what you may need:
- A FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (Must be in PDF format) if you wish to apply for financial need-based scholarships.
- School transcript – You will need a copy of your most recent transcript in PDF format.
- Résumé or listings of your high school and/or college activities.
- References – Names and email addresses of the guidance counselors, teachers and/or administrators who will write letters of recommendation for you.
- Email Account – We recommend using a personal account that you will have access to after graduation.
2. Set up your Student Account
- Visit https://occf.academicworks.com.
- Click Sign Up.
- Enter your email address and create a password. You will be sent a confirmation email. Be sure to check your spam folder in your email account for this confirmation.
- Once submitted, you’ll receive an email to access the General Application.
3. Fill out the General Application
- Once you’ve set up your student account, please complete the online General Application and submit all documents. Once your General Application is submitted, you will then be recommended scholarship opportunities based on your responses. Each of these opportunities may ask a few more questions to qualify you for the scholarship.
4. Apply for individual scholarships
- After submitting the General Application, click on Opportunities on the navigation bar to review the scholarships recommended for you. This does not mean that you are qualified to apply for every scholarship listed as a recommended scholarship.
- Follow the prompts to read the descriptions and apply for each recommended scholarship if you meet the qualifications. Answer the additional questions required for each scholarship.
5. Manage references and applications
- Review your online student account periodically to check the status of your applications and manage your references.
- After submitting the General Application, your references are emailed instructions on how to upload reference letters. Click Manage References to check for uploaded reference letters. To remind your references, click Resend to send a second email to the references with instructions. An application is not complete until all materials are submitted.
6. Selections and Awards
- The selection process varies by scholarship. A few scholarships may require finalists to participate in an interview. When final selections are made, you will be notified if selected.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by the Oklahoma City Community Foundation when selected for a scholarship award. If you don’t receive a notification, check the status of your application on your online student account.
Ready to apply? Click here to visit https://occf.academicworks.com and get started!
Questions? Please contact the Scholarship staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.