ARPA for Nonprofits Relief Program
About the ARPA for Nonprofit Relief Program
Oklahoma legislature and the Oklahoma Department of Commerce has appropriated $25 million for nonprofits who suffered a negative financial impact from COVID. Commerce was selected to administer the funds.
Nonprofits must be a 501c3, in good standing with the Oklahoma Secretary of State and in good standing with the IRS and Oklahoma Tax Commission.
Dec. 1, 2022 Update – Statewide
The Oklahoma Department of Commerce has officially begun accepting applications for the ARPA for Nonprofits Relief Program.
Oklahoma Legislature allotted $25 Million in funds to provide financial relief to nonprofit organizations in the state. Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m., Thursday, December 15, 2022.
|Applications Open||Thursday, December 1, 2022|
|ARPA For Nonprofits Webinar||Friday, December 9, 2022, at 10 a.m.|
|Application Deadline||Thursday, December 15, 2022, at 5 p.m.|
Program Qualifications ▾
To qualify, nonprofit organizations must dedicate annual financial resources to one or more of the following activities:
- Providing food and shelter;
- Addressing and preventing homelessness;
- Providing certified behavioral health services;
- Addressing and preventing domestic violence;
- Addressing and preventing human trafficking.
Additionally, the organizations must be:
- Operating in Oklahoma, serving Oklahomans;
- Compliant with the Internal Revenue Service and the Oklahoma Tax Commission;
- In good standing with the Oklahoma Secretary of State (must be either registered with the SOS or exempt from doing so);
- Able to document at least $1,000 in negative financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- And willing to enter into an agreement with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce.
Application Process ▾
Applications must be submitted through grants.ok.gov. Applications must be fully completed to be considered and will be approved based on a quantitative scoring method.
New to OKGrants?
Organizations are required to pre-register through the portal before applying. Registration takes approximately five minutes, but approval may take up to two business days after the registration is submitted. Entities that are already registered through OK Grants do not need to register again.
Already have an OKGrants user name?
- When you log in as an Authorized Official or Agency Administrator
- Look for the “My Opportunities” section on your OKGrants homescreen.
- Find the “ODOC ARPA Application 2022” opportunity
- Click the “Apply Now” button
- Click the Agree button that comes up afterward.
- This will generate your application, and take you to the ODOC application menu.
- Click “View Forms” to access the application forms
- Fill them out as noted. There are buttons you can hover over for extra info and instructions in most fields.
- You will save your application with the button at the top right of the screen. If done successfully, this could serve as your real application later once the program is approved.
After you have read the instructions and programmatic rules, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Funding Details ▾
The maximum amount awarded to a single nonprofit will be determined by an organization’s annual revenue. Qualified nonprofits with annual revenues under $750,000 may receive up to $50,000. Qualified nonprofits with annual revenues greater than $750,000 may receive up to $75,000. For more information, see SB 6XX and the companion bill SB11XX.
The Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits provides updates during their monthly nonprofit sector call. You can register for this call and stay up to date on the latest information and technical support the Center will provide.
OKCNP Monthly Nonprofit Sector Call
Time: Dec 7, 2022 – 10 a.m.