Address: 406 E. Oklahoma Ave., Guthrie, OK 73044
Contact: Larry O’Dell, Director of Special Projects/Development
Description: Guthrie’s Historic Carnegie Library was constructed in 1902; it was the second Carnegie Library built in Oklahoma and is the oldest existing Carnegie Library in Oklahoma today. As one of the first public buildings built in Guthrie, as well as the site of several important political events, the building is significant both historically and architecturally. Placed on the National Register of historic Places in 1971, the library took on a new role as part of the Oklahoma Territorial Museum, and is now operated by the Guthrie Museum Complex of the Oklahoma Historical Society. The Guthrie Museum Complex consists of two buildings dedicated to historic preservation and education, the Oklahoma Territorial Museum and the Carnegie Library. We are conveniently located 35 miles north of Oklahoma City in historic downtown Guthrie.
Population Served: General public
Region: State of Oklahoma
Make an online donation to this organization’s permanent endowment fund at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.