GiveSmartOKC is made for everyone.
GiveSmartOKC is a free online resource that contains information on over 350 local nonprofits making a difference in our community. You are invited to explore the nonprofits that interest you and research information about our community.
Here at the OCCF, we use GiveSmartOKC in a variety of ways such as:
• Directing financial planners, attorneys and advisors toward the platform to find verified nonprofit information for their clients;
• Using it as a central entry point for the iFund grant categories;
• Gathering annual compliance information like financials, board list and solicitations permit from our endowed partners in one easy-to-use place;
• Partnering with corporations that have a social responsibility arm to help them easily identify organizations that align with their values;
• And many other ways!
To be eligible for a GiveSmartOKC profile, your charity must meet the below criteria:
- Provide services in at least one of the eleven counties within the GiveSmartOKC service area: Oklahoma, Cleveland, Canadian, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Grady, Pottawatomie, Kingfisher, Noble or Payne.
- Ability to provide three years of board-approved financials
- Current board of directors list
- 501(c)3 tax determination letter from the IRS
If your organization meets each criterion, visit GiveSmartOKC, select the “Add My Nonprofit” button and complete the short form requesting a profile for your organization. After the form is submitted, the Community Foundation's GiveSmartOKC manager will review your request for approval. Expect to receive an email with the status of your request within 48 hours of your submission during normal business hours.
Organizations Already Listed on GiveSmartOKC
To access your profile, head to the GiveSmartOKC website. Once you're on the site, click the hamburger icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "login."
The General Public
How many times have you thought to yourself, "Someday, I would like to make a difference in my community and support a local charity, but I have no idea where to even begin!"
Perhaps you have a passion for a particular cause - like helping children or serving the elderly. You might be interested in donating to the arts or to animal welfare organizations.
The GiveSmartOKC platform is designed to encourage informed charitable giving. It contains information about more than 300 local charitable organizations, including their programs, leadership, financials and how to support that charity.
You can search for charities by the geographical across Greater Oklahoma City, looking for ways to impact specific nonprofit sectors that interest you.
GiveSmartOKC is your free resource for insights on nonprofits in central Oklahoma. Each nonprofit is vetted for specific standards before being published on the site. These nonprofits go a step above accountability by volunteering a transparent review of the organization’s operations and impact. With a wealth of information to find, your company can ensure that a contribution to any one of our GiveSmart-verified organizations is being put to good use! Just look for the green check mark at the top of a profile to know that it’s been recently updated by the nonprofit and verified by dedicated OCCF staff.
- Not sure where to start? Go to GiveSmartOKC and start typing keywords or phrases about causes you or your team want to impact. The website will start pulling up results on the right side of the page!
- You can even use the Topics filter to search organizations by service areas.
- Maybe there’s a nonprofit working in a certain area that you want to learn more about! Just zoom into that region and refresh the results by hitting the “Search this Area” button on the map.
The GiveSmartOKC website was very intuitive and made it easy to choose the beneficiary for my Together We Give grant. Knowing that the organizations were already vetted by the OKC Community Foundation made me comfortable when making my final decision.
Veronica Regan, Bank of Oklahoma, VP, Treasury Services
I have a family donor-advised fund at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation and I use GiveSmartOKC to research organizations I want to support. I review the financial trends and structure of an organization and the qualitative factors such as the depth of the leadership among the board of directors and management. An organization’s participation in GiveSmartOKC makes a statement that they are committed to four intangible areas that I greatly respect.
— Ed Krei, Bank Consultant
Request more information
Interested in strengthening your philanthropy game? Please fill out this contact request form, and a member of our GiveSmartOKC team will be in touch with you shortly!Request more information »
GiveSmartOKC Training Opportunities
Sign up for a virtual one-on-one with our GiveSmartOKC manager to get your profile looking great. Register below to begin or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!