The Kirkpatrick Foundation and Oklahoma City Community Foundation announce OK·DFAS, the Oklahoma Disaster Fund for Animal Support, administered by the Oklahoma City Community Foundation. This new fund is designed to mitigate the financial impact of disaster on charitable nonprofits that provide care for animals. Donors are encouraged to make tax-deductible contributions to the Oklahoma City Community Foundation designated for DFAS. The Kirkpatrick Foundation will match all gifts dollar for dollar up to $100,000, in total. Donations can be mailed to 1000 N. Broadway, Oklahoma City, OK, 73102, or made online by clicking here. Please be sure to use fund name 0KDFAS.
To Apply for a Grant
Qualifying organizations must have valid 501(c)(3) status effective 2017 or earlier with a mission to provide for the care of animals in the state of Oklahoma. Nonprofits that have limited opportunity to generate earned revenue, diminished fundraising capacity, and increased need for emergency support due to the COVID-19 pandemic may apply.
Letters of inquiry will be accepted effective April 1, 2020. Please send a brief paragraph that includes the following:
- Organization’s legal name and address
- Date 501(c)(3) status was made effective by IRS as evidenced in IRS Letter of Determination
- Grant contact information phone number, email address, and website
- A short paragraph describing the need for emergency funding necessary to fill projected shortfall
- Annual budget and amount requested
- Board list with names and phone numbers
- Indicate whether your organization has or plans to apply for CARES Act relief and/or other government assistance, and explain the outcome of your application or why you did not apply.
Please email the letter of inquiry to OKDFAS@occf.org. All questions should be directed to this email. Funding will be considered as it is available.