Notice: Thank you for visiting the Oklahoma City Community Foundation’s scholarship website. All of our scholarship applications are currently closed for the 2019-2020 academic year. We will reopen our scholarship applications on October 1, 2019, for Fall 2020-Spring 2021 awards. In the meantime, please peruse our website to learn about our scholarship opportunities and be sure to follow us on Facebook!
Of the more than 200 scholarships that we administer, more than 130 have a convenient and easy online application process. Simply follow the steps below to apply for a scholarship. For answers to our most frequently asked questions, view our guide here.
Our scholarships have various application deadlines. Apply early and meet application deadlines. You will not be able to change responses or upload additional information after a scholarship deadline has passed.
1. Gather required materials
Here’s what you may need:
- FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (Must be in PDF format.)
- School transcript – The name and professional email address of your registrar, counselor or other school official that can submit an official transcript on your behalf (high school and/or college).
- References – Names and email addresses of the guidance counselors, teachers and/or administrators who will write letters of recommendation for you.
- Email Account
2. Set up your Student Account
- Visit https://occf.academicworks.com.
- Click Sign Up.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Once submitted, you’ll receive an email to access the General Application.
3. Fill out the General Application
- Once you’ve set up your student account, please complete the online General Application and submit the required documents.
4. Apply for individual scholarships
- After submitting the General Application, click on View Opportunities to review the scholarships recommended for you. This does not mean that you are qualified to apply for every scholarship listed as a recommended scholarship.
- Follow the prompts to apply for each recommended scholarship. Answer the additional questions required for each scholarship.
5. Manage references and applications
- Review your online student account periodically to check the status of your applications and manage your references.
- After submitting the General Application, your references are emailed instructions on how to upload reference letters. Click Manage References to check for uploaded reference letters. To remind your references, click Resend to send a second email to the references with instructions. An application is not complete until all materials are submitted.
6. Selections and Awards
- The selection process varies by scholarship. A few scholarships may require finalists to participate in an interview. When final selections are made, you will be notified if selected.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by the Oklahoma City Community Foundation when selected for a scholarship award. If you don’t receive a notification, check the status of your application on your online student account.
Ready to apply? Click here to visit https://occf.academicworks.com and get started!
Questions? Please contact the Scholarship staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.